Monday, January 22, 2007

Sign of the Apocalypse #3: Peyton Manning puts curse on Pats clutch, region of New England has winter of discontent

Why are my guy friends coming to me about their broken, dysfunctional relationship problems? I'm currently finding my love life is only existant when I'm in Chicago, and I can't afford flying back all the time, what with the Redline prices going up thanks to rising gas prices.


Point is I guess I'm just been more lucky with my personal life so far than some of my friends. All I can suggest to you all my buddies is to pray to St. All-the-people-I-know-as-single-and desperate-as-me-are -my-other-friends for intervention.

On a seperate note, congrats to Da Bears, and those 2 weeks between the NFC championship and the Super Bowl means Bears fans have a lot more time to do crazy, half-ass stuff, like giving birth.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Re: Sportspocalypse: Honestly, have you been watching professional sports for the past six years? This is the new reality- teams winning precisely when it fails to make a good story, when it's not their year (narratively speaking) or when their victory was clearly luck-aided, or both.

Examples: Cards losing in '04 and '05, winning in '06 thanks to Detroit pitchers
White Sox improbable run in '05, the strike three that wasn't
Heat winning NBA Finals with a little help from the refs
Steelers choking at 16-1 in 04-05, winning it all after 11-5 and some real breaks in 05-06
Tom Brady throwing that interception when we all knew the touchdown was coming
Etc, etc, etc. It's a divine plan to destroy sports journalism- about time, too.