Friday, September 14, 2007

The Crazed Filipino Show

Last week, I started working in a laboratory in the Pharmacology department looking at transgenic worms carrying the encoded LRRK2 gene which is tied to ubiquitin degradation in Parkinson's disease. If anyone can point out how this is related to Pharmacology, please tell me.

So I went on a double date tonight: a high school classmate and her date, me and her sister. Hearing she had just gotten into college around Boston, I thought the sister was a freshman, though she turned out to be a junior transfer. Except does it still count as a double date if it was just me, my high school classmate and her sister when the date canceled? Especially since I paid for only the sister? And should I feel relieved and yet unadventurous the sister wasn't five years younger than me?

On for more sitcom situations: stay tuned as Joel has to go to two parties at the same. And the guest he encounters is hilarity!

Damn, I need a theme song.

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

Oddly, I think you're studying what we just covered in class. There are drugs they're trying to use to selectively activate proteasomes (which obviously eat what ubiquitin tags), so maybe they're trying to use apoptosis on damaged cells to limit the impact of the disease?
And it would totally have counted as a date if you were in "Good Morning Vietnam."

anna said...

I always have thought that the Dali quote is "The only difference between myself and a madman is that I am not mad," but maybe I am thinking of a slightly different quote.

Nemo said...

Didn't I already write you a theme song? And bilocation isn't as hard as some people make it out to be. I'm sure you can do it if you try.

Joel L. said...

Anna, there are actually two Dali quotes about madman. I just picked the one most relevant to me. And Nemo, what were the lyrics to my theme song?

Patrick said...

Hmm. You could try "Poor, Poor Pitiful Me," if you were disappointed not to be robbing the cradle.

Somehow, associating people with theme songs came up with math people (there was beer involved), and I wound up as "Strawberry Fields Forever".

That is to say, I disagree.