Monday, January 14, 2008

Winter Update

1. I had a dream this morning where snowfall predictions turned out to be false, and everyone was pointing at a light dusting of flurries at Cherokee Park and laughing at the meteorologists. Then I realized Cherokee Park was back in Kentucky. I woke up screaming and remembered I was back in Boston, but there was a foot of snow outside.


2. The undergraduate technician in the neighboring lab is actually not as innocent or work-oriented as she appeared to be when she made snarky comments about her mom pushing her towards dental school. I may ask her out for coffee soon.
3. My Masters diploma application and first thesis draft are due soon. Thus, the C. elegans worms I experiment on rule my life. Stupid important worms.
4. I will be getting a crash course in high-performance liquid column chromatography next week. Somewhere, Paul Strieleman is laughing.
5. The last albums I downloaded were by Radiohead, Miles Davis, the Shins, and Maroon 5 (one of these things is not like the other...)
6. I've been surfing online for tickets to Europe, because let's face it, I won't have this opportunity during med school. My friend Ramon is pro-France while my sister Roze wants Ireland, and my lab mate Andrew went to Poland on the cheap (although he lost his luggage in Italy). Hmmm... going to have to make some choices. Also, if you have about $1500 in disposable tender and some free time this summer, I invite you to come along.
7. And finally, I'm still wondering if karma is setting up the Patriots for a horrible fall (losing the Super Bowl to the Giants, Bridget Moynahan with a rolling pin on the 1-yard line, a giant video camera falling on Randy Moss). But considering the luck they've had so far, it seems that God is wearing a hat with a B on it.

No comments: