Sunday, February 10, 2008

February Observations

- February is an insane word to spell correctly. Stupid eclipsed first 'r'.
- I find it strange that the only times I experience anything close to inebriation in Boston is with the old UChicago crowd. And it's not with the UChicago crowd who have or had transplanted here, but instead visiting compadres who say, "Hey, it's been a long time since I've gotten hammered. Roger that, we have a goal." And before you know it, I'm drinking a pitcher of Sam Adams, Blue Moon, Johnny Walker, weird tasting grappa, or some other wowie sauce. Is it that the company I keep at BU just can't hold their liquor as well, or the life of the mind happens to ruin the life of the kidneys and the liver? Could be both.
- Today it started to rain. Then it got sunny. Then I heard thunder. And then it started to snow flakes as large as cottonballs. Cold, icy cottonballs being hurled at 20 mph. Now it's sunny again.

No comments: